October 24, 2009

Time

It used to be that time would pass and I wouldn't give it much thought. Over the last...oh I don't know... month and a half it seems that the characteristics of time have changed. It doesn't pass quite as quickly as it used to, and it is somehow richer than it was before. As though every moment is made up of two or three, and that the world I live in now is one where time is something that entirely revolves around where I need to be and when I need to be there.

Whether where I need to be is a moment or two from now or a few hours, days, or months...lets say five... I am bound by it. Although recently it has become my greatest ally and has delivered a lot of gifts to me in a rather short amount of itself, it is now three times as long as it used to be and knowing the wait I am faced with it is becoming rather bittersweet. The time that has passed is home to the most precious moments of my life, but the time that has yet to elapse... the time I..or we.. will spend waiting is passing on the same watch. Ticking away slower than it used to and even slower still because we are watching it so closely.

Closeness is the true issue, isn't it? We are waiting to be closer, and time has complete control over that. However knowing how time has been treating us over the last little while I can't help but look forward with anticipation. It has much to offer us. All we can do is be patient enough to receive what has to offer us when it decides to allow us to have it, and be grateful that it has chosen to behave for us in such an anomalous manner to begin with. I am fairly certain that had time not changed its ways for us it would have taken us much longer to get where we are right now, and right now is where I want to be. The present is your home and because you are here with me it is also mine.

No comments: