July 19, 2009

To Live

It can be rather disorienting. The immense range of opportunities, options and choices that present themselves. It just may be that we end up doing things, meeting people, being places, or making choices that we would not have ever seen ourselves doing. In a way it is the moments when I surprise myself that I enjoy the most. Because it gives me the opportunity to get to know myself a little better in the process. Take that experience, slap it on the table and slice it open...and really figure out what it means. What does it mean? At the very base level it means that I am living. What is the purpose of life? To live. Simple enough, isn't it?

What do I witness as a result of all of this self reflection? Evolution. My oh my, do I love evolution. Adaptation, change, extinction, creation...everything has a purpose and when its purpose is fulfilled it disappears. I see bits and pieces of myself disappearing. Not gone, but hidden. Forced into the caverns of my mind as a result of experiences gained. The people I know and will know. The places I have been and will be. All a promise of something. Not good, not bad, but something.

2 comments:

Symon said...

ok... so i'm late... the truth is, i forgot about our blogger blogs... so sue me ^__^

anyway, i quite relate to your dissection of yourself, i have been doing it all my life and regardless of how many times i do it, i always discover something new and fascinating... sometimes ugly, sometimes beautiful, sometimes just weird.

But BEWARE! The more you do this, the more aware you will become that most people do not, and as such, you will become frustrated, at times, with their inability to see what is right in front of their faces if only they'd look, and their constant stubborn refusal to look themselves square in the eye and admit who they are.

*hmpfh* well... yes, i'm done... for now... but i will be back to spew more dino-goth wisdom when the mood strikes me ^__^

Shuttered Dimensions said...

jurassi-goth not dino-goth. :P