March 4, 2009

Were Off To See The Wizard

This is for those who dare to venture out into the unknown, and take a chance.
For those who allow their hands to clam up in anticipation, and their hearts to race with nerves.
If at any moment you wonder what you are doing remember why you want this so much.
Why it is so worthwhile to put yourself out there, and run the risk of returning bruised or broken.

I can't help but think about this. Being content in the moment, but still wanting more. Never wanting the heart to slow, though knowing it will. Never wanting the excitement to pass, but knowing that there will be a time when you will settle into a routine. The routine things in our lives are just as beautiful as the unknown. The routine things in my life, when I am in the same place at the same time with the same person, are precious. Those are the moments I live for. The moments that carry me through the unknown, and keep me moving down that empty road. The moments that guide me, even when the fog has settled so low to the ground it is blinding. The future is among that fog, I am moving towards it, but it is also moving towards me. I can't stop, because even if I do it will keep going and find me.

1 comment:

Race said...

Wow. I loved that. It really does hit the spot right now. I sometimes feel that the routine in my life is so boring, but I don't know if I could live without it.