February 11, 2009

Here We GO!

So for those of you that don't already know. I will be heading back to British Columbia on Sunday. Things did not work out here as they should have...or honestly could have. I was not very well received. Although I love the area, the scenery, and the dynamics of a small town. I need to leave because the situation is really dragging me down emotionally. But you can bet on me looking for something like this in the future now that I have developed a taste for it.

I have fantasized about small town living since I took a trip to Greenwood, BC in 2006. So this is not over yet. Although next time I may just move to a small town in BC. It is hard to get established in small towns because people know you are an outsider and will not necessarily be receptive. I must say that the people I have met in Chaplin, Saskatchewan are amazing people. Deserving of commendation for their welcoming nature. I know I am not staying around long enough to get into the thick of things, but maybe it is better off that way.

That these people will remain beautiful to me is more important at the moment. I have just met them and yet I am sad I will not get to know them better. I am sad I will not get to see Ron and Linda's 50th wedding anniversary. Why? Because the people here have restored my faith in humanity. These are basic people, without distractions. They work, they relax a little bit, and they are happy. I am not saying they don't go through tough times, of course they do, but somehow they make it through without throwing away their sense of community. It may be a year and eight months to early but I wish Ron and Linda a wonderful 50th wedding anniversary. I have no doubt that they will make it there.

2 comments:

Race said...

I love small towns, and I would definitely say you should find one to settle into. It isn't like you are in a town, you are in a family. Seriously.

I'm sorry you had to leave! :(

Symon said...

"They work, they relax a little bit, and they are happy."

Isn't that essentially what we all wish for our own lives? And yet somehow you rarely see this in bigger cities because of the driving force of THINGS... more money, a better car, a nicer office, the coveted promotion, stock options, etc etc BLECH!!

What i'm saying i guess is that the small town attitude can exist in a city dweller - you just have to work harder to fight against the grain, and keep your focus on the "non-THINGS" - love, family, respect, faith, etc etc. you know what i mean ^_^