February 16, 2009

The Homecoming

I am here, and yet I am not. Where I am is where I have been, but where I have been is not necessarily where I want to be right now. What I need is to find my path among the cluttered streets and the filth. It is dirty here, you know. If you had my eyes right now you would see it too. No longer do I stare at the pristine blue skies and bright white crystal snow. On the horizon I see a layer of smog, not the edge of the world. On the street sides I see crowds of houses among the litter, no longer do I see the wide open spaces that stretched into forever. I have seen these things you know, and I have been entranced by their beauty. Bleak and barren, but with the promise of fertility. To all my friends, I love you all, and I am happy to be close to you again. However, know I am in mourning, and also know I have changed. My mind is a wide open space looking out onto the horizon, and there is a road I must take. Once I find that road, or it finds me, I will be gone again.

5 comments:

Khellendros said...

Hmmmmm.....so Red....how long will you be staying?:)

Symon said...

i know that you are ill contented, and i know that one day you will set forth on that path again to find your own way - your own place.

i know it is dirty here, i see it too - but despite the layer of filth that coats it, i love what's underneath.

and i am glad to have you back, if only for a little while :)

Shuttered Dimensions said...

Plenty long enough to meet you Onyx.

I am not ill-contented Panda I am just in mourning. I...well I don't know if I love it here actually. I love aspects, mostly people, but beyond that I am not so sure anymore... I guess I am free and I have a bit of a wandering mind, eye, and spirit...

Never know where I may end up...or maybe you do :P

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Ominous.

Race said...

Beautiful description, beautiful writing!