February 25, 2009

When the World was New

What is it about where I am that stifles me so much? I want to write and over the past few days I have tried, but I cannot seem to find anything to say. A little over a week ago the world was new, bright, fresh and exciting. My jaw was slack and wide in awe, and I seemed to be drinking it all in. Every minute the world assaulted me with its beauty, but now it seems to have retreated. I don't want to look around me, and when I force myself to I don't see anything there. I am blinded by the monotony of this place. Familiarity should bring comfort, and it does, but the problem is that comfort seems to dull even the sharpest of minds.

My plea is as follows...Take me anywhere but here. Take me to a place where I will be able to see again. Take me back to the place and the time when the world was new, and if you can not, bring me forward so that I may witness the day when it renews itself and my vision is restored.

2 comments:

Symon said...

it is not your surrounding that must change but your situation, your insides.... when you change something on the inside, you will be given a whole new outlook on the things around you that you thought were old and bland.

Think of when you have a friend come to visit from somewhere else, and you start planning all the things you are going to do, sights to see, places to visit.... suddenly you are a tourist in your own home, because you are seeing it from another perspective.

Something like that, anyway ^__^

Shuttered Dimensions said...

No, the problem is that my inside has changed, and I know my surroundings no longer suit it. It is simple really. My eyes have been opened and I have been given a new outlook, and a better understanding of what I want in this world. I can't just disregard it, and I can't go back.